Saturday, September 12, 2015

An Apple for Teacher


An Apple for Teacher

Hi Everyone:
I hope that everyone had a great summer.  I am so excited to be back guest designing today with a card making tip/technique that is one of my favorites.  I am talking about making shaker cards.  I just love how fun and festive they are.

I used my Silhouette and cut two apple templates out of acetate sheets from my personal stash.  You could use vellum also and I have also used transparency sheets which you can get at an office supply store.  It was thick so I had to use double cut.  The cut file is from Lettering Delights #22835 and can be found in the Silhouette store.
I used one of My Favorite Things awesome dies called Polka Dot Cover-Up and used the dots that were left behind for my shaker material.
I then laid one acetate apple down on my mat and put the dots in the middle.  I put the other one gently on top and was ready to sew.  The dots move a bit so I kept stopping to push them back in.
Here is it all sewn.
I had cut two more apples, one in green and one in brown and then trimmed the paper so that I could have a green leaf and a brown stem.
Shaker cards are so fun and interactive, I hope that you have a chance to give one a try.
Supplies Used:  Black and white Cardstock:  Bazzill, Back to School by Doodlebug, Clear Acetate sheet from my personal stash, Polka Dot Cover-Up and Scalloped Border Dies from My Favorite Things, Apple Cut File from Lettering Delights #22835, Sizzix Big Kick, Sewing Machine
Hugs,
Anita





No comments: