Thursday, June 14, 2018

Flag Day Banner Tutorial


Hi Everyone:
Happy Flag Day.  Anita here with a banner that you can use for Flag Day as well as for the Fourth of July, Memorial Day and any other day that you want to celebrate our great country.  I used several different cut files of Lori's to create this banner.
Happy Birthday Banner - 2            Lori's Store          Silhouette Store
Layered Pinwheel                                                            Silhouette Store
3D Lori Whitlock Spiral Flower     Lori's Store          Silhouette Store
5X7 Box Card 4th of July                 Lori's Store          Silhouette Store
American Flag                                                                   Silhouette Store
3D USA Décor Blocks                        Lori's Store         Silhouette Store
I love mix and matching Lori's cut files to create new projects.  I am going to show you how I prepared the fabric for cutting in my Silhouette machine.  Here are the supplies that I used for this project.  Terial Magic is a wonderful product that comes in a spray bottle and you can get it on Amazon or at your local quilt shop.  I sprayed the fabric liberally and checked the back side to make sure that it was soaked on both sides.  I hung them up on my shower rod as you have to let them drip to just damp.  Put something under where you hang the fabric so that it doesn't make a mess.  It's sticky, and rubber gloves might have been helpful to use as well.
Here is a photo of the fabric as I was in the process of ironing it.  You can see the bottom left looks still darker and wet and the right part is done and the fabric feels like paper.  I ironed my fabric on a towel to absorb any extra of the Terial Magic Fabric Stabilizer.
You can see how this fabric stands up once it is ironed.
I used the strong grip mat from Cricut and a brayer to make sure that the fabric didn't move.  You will want to slow down your cutter in addition to choosing fabric as your material to be cut.
I laid out the blocks to see how they would look and switched around the banners and embellishments.
Earlier in the week on Tuesday we had our June blog hop and I have included a photo with the quilt block centerpiece and the banner that I made.  I am going to put this out for the 4th of July.
Hugs,

No comments: