Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Hens' Den Merry 12/19/12


I love this paper line by My Mind's Eye, All is Bright.  The papers are stunning and the embellishments are so much fun.  I knew that I wanted to do a fire place with a Christmas tree beside it.  I freehand cut the tree and the fireplace.  The card is huge as a result 6X6" and will need a special envelope but it is for a special person so it is worth it.  I am very happy with how it came out.  Be sure to go to The Hens' Den store to check out all these wonderful goodies.

Title:  Merry by Anita Mulcahey Happy Paper Craft Happenings
Supplies:
1.  My Mind's Eye All is Bright 6X6" paper pad
2.  My Mind's Eye All is Bright Decorative Buttons, Twine and Rhinestones
3.  Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink
Cutting Directions:
1.  Cut cream card stock 6 X 12" and fold in half.  Ink edges.
2.  Cut tan chevron paper into a 5 1/2" square.
3.  Cut a Christmas tree and fire place.
4.  Trim around doily shape with the word merry from your paper pad.
Assembly Instructions:
1.  Tape a piece of red twine to the back of your tree near the top and start threading buttons and chipboard  pieces down the length of your tree.  Repeat with the green twine.  Place a large jewel at the top of the tree.
2.  Add adhesive to the trunk of the tree and use the brown twine to make your trunk.  I run mine over the edge and then neatly trim with sharp scissors.
3.  Adhere tan chevron paper to center of card base.
4.  Add fireplace to the bottom right so that it lines up with the bottom of the chevron paper.
5.  Add your doily/merry cut out piece over to the right edge of the fire place so that you can see the word merry.
6.  Add your Christmas tree to the left side of your card with the larger bottom part just to the edge of the card base.  I popped my tree up.
7.  Thread two buttons and one chipboard button with twine and adhere to top left corner.



1 comment:

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Awesome card! Love that tree, so many sweet details..:)