Be Mine Cracked Glass Heart Box
Graphic 45 Place in Time
Created By: Anita Mulcahey
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I just loved how fun cracked glass looks and I made this cute little gift box to put a sweet in for my sweetie. Do you ever just reflect on how lucky we are to have the people in our lives that love us? I have been with my sweetie for over 30 years and this is our 31st Valentine's Day together. I hope that you have a great day and remember there are all kinds of love and we are all blessed with many different types. Please check my part of the prize that The Hens' Den is giving away for those that visit and comment on all of the blogs and if you want to follow me along as well I would greatly appreciate it.
Graphic 45 Place in Time Stickers
Petaloo Color me Crazy Flowers
Tim Holtz Distress Powder, Faded Jeans
Tim Holtz Distress Stain, Broken China
Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Faded Jeans
May Arts, Lace Ivory Pearl 3/4"
My Favorite Things Scalloped Heart Die
Silhouette Cameo, Laurie Whitlock heart box
Cracked Glass Technique:
1. Die cut heart into shape.
2. Lay heart on heat safe surface and ink up paper with Versamark ink.
3. Sprinkle heart with Tim Holtz Distress Powder. As you can see in the close up it gives such pretty combinations of shades.
4. Heat emboss first layer and let cool.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 six or seven times until your embossed layer is good and thick.
6. Put in your freezer for 20 minutes to freeze until hard and brittle.
7. Working quickly gently crack the surface of the heart doing small parts at a time.
8. Once your project is cracked you can ink over the whole piece if the cracks do not show up as you would like.
9. If you don't like how your cracks come out you can heat the heart with the embossing gun and then put back in the freezer to recrack.
http://www.happypapercrafthappenings.blogspot.com/ You are here :)
Here is my part of the prize that you can win by leaving a comment here on my blog. I hope that you will also follow me. Be sure to stop by each blog to get a sense of the big prize for one lucky person who comments on each blog. The winner will be posted on The Hens' Den Blog on Sunday night.
May Arts - Blue Ribbon with Flowers - 1.5 in http://bit.ly/XhG0US