Friday, March 19, 2010

Scrapperie March Madness Crop







Hi Everyone:
I hope that you are having a beautiful day. My challenge for this crop is to glitter up your pages.I am going to give you a number of ways to use glitter and I would like to see you use at least one on your page. Come check out the crop at the link below. Hope you play along.
The pink egg: I stamped the egg shape which I cut out previously with my die cut machine with Versamark. I then applied heat and stick powder and heated it until it because sticky looking. Then I applied my glitter and reheated the egg again.
The blue egg: I used Martha Stewart's Glittering Glue for this and Melissa Frances Mica Flakes. The glue has a brush inside so you can just brush the glue on your paper and then shake your glitter on. Make sure that your glue isn't too thick if you plan to cut or punch a shape. I used an egg shaped spellbinders die. I would suggest cutting out your shape first as it makes a mess when you cut it out.
The purple egg: I used the Martha Stewart's Glittering Glue for this one as well.The title on the yellow paper: I just used Martha Stewart fine tip glue pen and wrote what I wanted and then used some Stampin' Up glitter.
The striped egg: I again used the fine tip glue pen and made different lines and applied one color at a time. I waited a minute or so to allow the previous color to set before applying the next color.
Glitter paper: there are so many wonderful glittered papers out there for you. I used a strip from Nana's Kitchen. I would have to say though that my favorite is BoBunny's Sugar Coated Cardstock.
Martha Stewart also makes this wonderful set that you can buy for glittering which includes several trays to catch your extra glitter, with a pour spout on one end and a brush.I am off to the scrapbook store to see what I can pick up as a RAK for participating in my challenge. You know it will be glittery.
Have fun and if you have any questions, please let me know.

No comments: