Monday, June 15, 2015

Strawberry Birthday Wishes

 I love summer and especially strawberries.  I found these adorable cut files in the Silhouette Store and made this gift set.  The little box would hold a gift card and the strawberry box could be filled with some small chocolates.
Here is the card which will fit perfectly in a standard size envelope.  I tied some yummy The Twinery twine around the stem and I used four different colors which I love to do on projects.  Mixing and matching is so much fun.
How stinkin' cute is this little box from Lori Whitlock.  This is what caught my eye and led me to creating this gift set.  I tied some twine around the handle of the box to match the card.


Finally, here are some photos of my luscious strawberry.  I used some fabric stiffener called Stiffy to make a twisted stem curl for my strawberry.  I painted on the Stiffy, which is really like very thin white glue and then wrapped it around a chop stick and let is dry that way overnight.  It gives you a beautiful, stiffened twine embellishment.  I hope that you have a chance to try stiffening some of your twine.
Project Materials:
Bazzill Cardstock, Silhouette cut files - 3d Strawberry Favor Box by Lori Whitlock #76158, Strawberry Shape Card by Alaa' K #10125, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Box by Megan Hard Designs #327280, The Twinery Twine  

Be sure to check out the store for these and many other wonderful colors including two of our new releases.
Hugs,
Anita

No comments: