Wednesday, June 24, 2015

You Inspire Me

Hello everyone and happy summer.  I had a lot of fun looking around Pinterest to find something to inspire me for the card which I made today.  I love summer, cute food and bright colors and the photo below met all of these goals for me.
Isn't this just so pretty?  I love those paper straws and the colors are so yummy and inviting.
Here is the card that I created using some thin felt to make these fun loopy flowers and using a paper straw to display my sentiment.

I love to use my washi tape to create a card background and was so excited to find this one in my stash from Doodlebug that perfectly matched the straw in the photo.  It is so easy to lay down the washi and then take sharp scissors and trim around the card front.
Here's a close up of my loopy flower.  I mixed and matched the colors to create some dimension in my flowers.
I tried out the new Hero Arts Ombre ink for the sentiment and the effect is subtle which I loved.  Hope you have a great day and thanks for looking.
Project Materials:  Bazzill Cardstock, My Favorite Things Dynamics Wood Grain Fence, Loopy Bloom, Hero Arts Ombre Ink Pink to Red, Doodlebug Washi Tape, Thin Felt from a craft store, Paper Straw from personal stash, Fiskars All Around Quotes stamp set #01-005513.
Hugs,






1 comment:

Shari said...

I love how you did the background. I'll have to try that sometime. I think I have the same tape. ^_^ Thank you for the inspiration, and for sharing your design.