Let's Celebrate Freedom
July 1st through July 6th 2013
Here are my project using BoBunny Anthem. I decided for my tutorial to make pinwheels. This is such an easy and fun thing to do and perfect for this time of year. The directions are below:
1. Cut your paper into a square, any size as long as it is square. I used 3" squares.
2. Draw a dot in the middle of your squares on the side that will be the inside of your pinwheel.
3. Draw intersecting lines from each corner with a pencil.
4. Cut about half way up on each of the four lines heading to the center of the pinwheel.
5. Brads can be really hard to get through the holes if you punch them in each point of the pinwheel so I tend to use glue dots. It makes for a less flattened pinwheel.
6. Fold in alternating corners, be gentle so that your pinwheel does not flatten. Adhere each point down to the center with a glue dot.
7. Use a pair of wire cutters and trim off the metal tabs on the brads and adhere to the center of the pinwheels with another glue dot.
I love how this firecracker came out. So much fun. I just love the projects that I can do with my Silhouette and this paper line from BoBunny is just gorgeous and the embellishments so much fun.
We want you to join us for a week of techniques from the Design Team at The Hens' Den. Each Design Team member will be showing you how they made something and in the process give you a look at different ways of documenting such a wonderful day in the lives of Americans.
The blog hop will start on the 1st of July and end on the 6th of July. On July 7th, we will pick a winner at random from all of those who follow the rules. Here is what you need to do.
You will start here at The Hens' Den Blog then you will visit each of the other blogs:
Anita Mulcahey - You are here and going to the lovely Moriah next
You will start here at The Hens' Den Blog. Each DT Member will have the next link on their blog that you need to move onto. You need to leave a comment on each blog so that we know you where there. The LAST step is to go to our FB page and leave a comment about the blog hop.
On Sunday, July 7th, we will pick one random person who visited all the blogs and they will be our winner.
What do you win you ask!!!
A bag full of goodies from Tim Holtz , Dyan Reaveley and Claudine Hellmuth
Distress Ink, Distress Stain, Dylusions Ink, Distress Paint, Studio Acrylic paint and a hand full of tags to play with.
You will have fun getting messy and inky, so have those baby wipes and paper towels handy.
We hope you will join us and have lots of fun.