Sunday, March 23, 2014

Big Congrats and Silhouette Letter Placement Tutorial






Design ID #1568 
2/08/2008




 Hi Everyone:

Happy Sunday.  I decided to play around with my Silhouette Cameo today to make some flour sack towels for a friend's daughter who recently got married and is expecting a baby.  This is not someone I know personally so I am extra excited to surprise her.  I used the Silhouette Brand Heat Transfer Fabric Interfacing which is so easy to use.  I manipulated the design a bunch for the monogram.  But today wanted to share how I used my Silhouette mat as a template for correct letter placement.  After I cut my letters out of fabric and gently pulled them off the impression was left in my mat of the sentiment.  I laid my mat on top of the towel and slid my letters under the mat until they were in the correct place.  I was so happy to have found this trick for getting my letters straight.  Love this Lori Whitlock card too.  So elegant.






 
Design ID #49546
10/01/2013 
This above photo on the right shows the letters a little off so that you can see how I moved them into place and even though my mat is getting pretty aged I could still easily see my words which made placing the letters a snap. I made this set for two challenges, both of which are ironically Anything Goes.

Hugs,

5 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

OMG Anita! You have once again outdone yourself! I am swooning over your towels. :)

Cathy said...

love these...I haven't tried fabric yet..but this inspires me! thank you!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun project! They turned out just beautiful, a very nice surprise!
Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Cut it up for our anything goes challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Darling creations! Thank you for playing with us at CIU!