Monday, March 9, 2015

Celebrate & Decorate CardMaker Magazine post


The theme for this post for CardMaker Magazine's blog is Celebrate and Decorate.  What better event to celebrate than St. Patrick's Day.  I am Irish and did Irish step dancing when I was growing up and love this holiday.  It also helps to know that spring is just around the corner.  I used Silhouette cut files to make all the parts for my celebration purse.
The purse is a Samantha Walker cut file and I have made several of these in the past.  She has so many different purse styles in the Silhouette store.  I used Doodlebug's Happy Go Lucky new line.  I was thrilled to see that they had come out with a St. Patrick's Day line.
Here is a close up of the tag on the purse.  I popped up the top layer and used both twine and ribbon to secure it to the purse.
Isn't this pinwheel so cute.  It makes me think of spring and so happy to look at it.  I have a stash of these paper straws and this was a perfect project to use one on.
There are so many different patterns in the Silhouette store for this holiday.  I used the print and cut feature on my Silhouette to make this pillow box and then filled it with candy kisses with the adorable clover kisses cut and print file.
Lastly, how fun are these.  They are St. Patrick's Day Candy Bar Wrappers and us the print and cut feature on the Silhouette as well.
To use the print and cut function, your file must be a print and cut one.  Open the file on your Silhouette and click on the button which is highlighted on the top icon panel which is the 4th button from the right and says Registration Marks.  Click on the Type of Silhouette that you have and the marks that are on the screen shot will appear above.  Resize your paper to 8 1/2 X 11 and then click the print icon on the icon panel.  Once it is printed, line it up carefully on your mat and press cut.  Your Silhouette will scan the registration marks first prior to cutting.

Project Materials:
Clover Kisses, Amy Robison #37780
Clover Pillow Box, Amy Robison #38441
St. Patrick's Day Candy Wrappers, Amy Robison #56371
Doodlebug Patterned Papers, Happy Go Lucky
Stampin' Up Cardstock
May Arts Ribbon
Paper Straw

Hugs,

Anita








No comments: