Thursday, January 14, 2021

Valentine Gift Set Tutorial



 

Hi Everyone:

Anita here with a fun and easy tutorial to make this lovely gift set as a treat for Valentine's Day.  I love the Hexagon Pop Up Card Valentine Hearts that Lori has which you can find here in her shop and here in the Silhouette store.  I wanted to build my gift around the card.  Lori has a wonderful tutorial for putting this card together which you can see here.  I used some of Lori's wonderful Echo Park Paper collections including Perfect Princess and All Girl.

Here is a photo of the materials to make the candy jar.  I painted the pot and the saucer.  I also painted the peg people head.  I stuck a cocktail straw through the holes and suspended the ball over a bathroom cup so that I could get to all sides of the ball.  I used hot glue to adhere the ball to the cover and the glass globe to the bottom of the pot.  I found that two coats of paint covered the pot well.  The best part was that when I was cutting out the parts for the Hexagon card I cut two of the parts that I wanted to put on my pot.  You can make and decorate these as gifts for any time of year using Lori's wonderful SVG files.

That's it for me today.  Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Hugs,


No comments: