Thursday, January 27, 2022

Happy Birthday Pop Up Presents Card Tutorial

 

Hello Everyone:

Anita here with a tutorial for assembling Lori's new Happy Birthday Pop Up Presents Card (SVG, Silhouette).  I used one of Lori's new Echo Park Paper lines called Birthday Girl.  This card is so fun and pretty easy to put together.

There are two print and cut parts to the this card, the base and the card front as you can see from above as well as all the other parts of the file.

The first thing that you are going to do is glue the inner part of the card to the outer card.  Center the inner card and glue down.

The second thing you are going to want to do is fold your present pieces like this with a mountain fold and the tabs on either end are folded in.

Next I laid out my present pieces and lined up the center score marks on the presents with the center score mark on my card.  I made sure that the presents fit together closely but did not overlap as they won't pop up if you don't.  I counted over two score marks to line up my first present. 

You can see the first present glued into the card here.

Here you can see two of the presents are glued into the card.  I worked on the card when it was open flat and made sure that everything was lined up as I glued each tab onto the card base.

Here is the front view of the two presents glued in so that you can see how close I put them to each other.

Here is my last photo with all three presents glued into the card and the ribbon paper pieces attached.  Add the balloons to the front of the card and inside the card and you are done.  

That's it for me today.

Hugs,


No comments: