Thursday, July 9, 2020

Bible Study Journal Tutorial

Hi Everyone:
Anita here with a bible study journal that I made for my father.  He has not been able to go to bible study for various reasons over the last several months and is eager to get started back.  I made him this journal so that he could take it with him to make notes.  I used the SVG cut file from Lori's shop that is called Pray Hardest and you can find that file here in Lori's store and here in the Silhouette Design store.  I also used the file called 3 Christian crosses which you can also find here in Lori's store and here in the Silhouette Design store.  I also used one of Lori's newest Echo Park paper collections called All Boy.
Here is a photo of the materials that I used for making this journal.
I measured the journal cover and it measured 7.5" X 9.75" so I cut my front and back cardstock to that size.  I decided that I wanted the spine cover to be 2" wide so I cut that by the 9.75" length as well.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to create this project and did resize it once I measured the size that I would have available to decorate on the front of the journal.  I resized it to 8.250" X 6.767".   I used a wet adhesive on the covers because then I would be able to move the paper around until it was perfect.  I then opened the journal and trimmed with small scissors around the rounded edges of the covers.

For the pen I took the end of the pen off and took out the ink shaft.  I then measured the length that would be able to be seen when the  pen was together.  I cut my paper 1" X 3" and rolled it around a paint brush handle.  You basically just need to get it started rolling in a circle.  I then slid it into the pen shaft, put the ball point ink shaft back into the pen and screwed back on the end cap and my pen was done.  I used 2/5" diameter adhesive dots to adhere the pen to the spine of the journal.
I hope that it brings a smile to his face when he sees his new bible study journal.
Hugs,

No comments: