Thursday, September 10, 2020

Mother's Day Hat Box Halloween Style

 Happy Fall Everyone:

I fell in love with Lori's new Echo Park Paper collection called I Love Halloween and knew that I wanted to use it for a Halloween project for my tutorial.  We are going to be making the Mother's Day Hat Box which you can find here in Lori's store and here in the Silhouette Design store.  This is a fun and easy box to put together.  Let me show you how I did it.

Here are the parts all cut out.  I used my Silhouette Rotary Blade and followed a You Tube video to learn how to use it.  It cut the felt beautifully for the flowers.

You are going to take your two long rectangle tabbed pieces and fold the tabs down.

Next you are going to glue the tabbed end of the rectangle piece to the other end making a circle.

The file comes with four round circles.  One is glued inside the box and one is glued on top of the box.  I like to glue my inside circle in first as I find it is easier to ease it to fit.  Then I glue the top of the box on.  I use a wet glue when making projects like this where I am asking the paper to be in different shapes.

I made both boxes and then checked to make sure that one slid easily over the top.  I then chose that as my box top.  I then glued the top on the box and the decorative band around the bottom.

I then glued the bottom of the box onto the scalloped piece centering it.

I brought the ends of the bow pieces on both sides to the center back of the bow and glued it together well.  Then I wrapped the center bow piece around the bow and glued that as well.

I then added the ribbons of the bow to the back of the bow.

Here are my rolled felt flowers.  I cut them easily with my Silhouette Cameo 4 following a You Tube video.  I started at the end of the flower and rolled them up and secured them well with wet adhesive.  Be sure that you don't put your flowers in the way of the box being able to be opened and closed easily.   I added some embellishments to my box and rolled some of the leaves to give them a bit more dimension.  

Lastly, here is the box open with some Halloween candy for your favorite sweetie.  I have my hat out as a Halloween decoration and it makes me smile when I look at it.

That's it for me today.  Be sure to check out all of Lori's Fall and Halloween SVG files and her new Echo Park Paper line called I love Halloween.

Hugs,



No comments: